So us Gravesters have a lot in common that we can relate to. So here’s a quick, lighthearted list of places where our Grave’s journey has probably taken us to.
You know you have Grave’s when:
- You check for a pulse to make sure your heart is beating at a regular pace
- You’ve had to reset ALL of your password because you’ve forgotten them all
- You’ve spent months listening to the beat of your heart
- You know what it’s like not to sleep for days at a time
- You know. . . The munchies!!!
- You’ve sat in your car at 2 in the morning, with the air conditioner on full blast because your body was overheating
- You can make donations to Leila’s Hair Museum from all the hair you’ve lost (just wait until it starts to grow back. . .)
- You have way too many gray hairs than you should
- Naps? Where we’re going, we don’t need naps
- You suffered some sort of emotional trauma which likely triggered the disease
- You can get things done with lightening speed
- You are always on the go, go, go
- Some people are trying to lose weight while you’re trying to gain it
- You don’t need road rage, you’ve got THYROID RAGE
- You know your TSH and T4 level by heart
- You’ve had to apologize to your friends and family members for “the meanies”
- The greatest lesson you’ve come to learn is patience
- You’ve realized you’re stronger than you thought you could ever be
- You’re grateful that it wasn’t something worse
Let’s keep this list going! Anything else to add?I am not a doctor and the content on this blog is not medical advice. This is simply my experience with Graves Disease, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are my opinions. Please consult a doctor if you think you have Graves Disease or prior to taking any action that may affect your outcome with Graves Disease. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website.